My kids just LOVE this matching game – so much so that we have made a TON of different categories to share with your family (see below). These matching games are to increase your child’s knowledge of simplified Mandarin characters to pinyin. The goal is to find the match of the correct simplified character to pinyin.
What you will need: Cardstock paper (but not totally necessary)
How to Begin:
1. Download the PDFs below.
2. Print out the matching cards but use DOUBLE SIDED option so that the logo is on the back and the words are on the front. Why? SO that your kids can’t see the words through the paper.
3. Cut the squares.
4. Place all of the squares in random order on the ground in rows.
- Place all of the cards in even and organized rows so that when your child picks up a card, he/she remembers where it is located.
- On your child’s turn, he/she will turn over two cards keeping them in the same place.
- If it is a match, then your child gets to keep them as a point. If it is not a match, your child turns them back over in the same spot where he/she found it.
- If playing with multiple players, the students take turns turning over two cards at a time (keeping them in the place where they found them).
- If a player gets a match, he/she gets to go again.
- The player with the most points wins!